At Canada Warrior Security, we understand the importance of respecting privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights. Canada Warrior Security has designed this policy to meet the requirements of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) and abide by the following Ten Privacy Principles, as well as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any other applicable related legislation.
1. Important Information and Who We Are
Purpose of this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Canada Warrior Security collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up for our newsletter or purchase a product or service.
This website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Canada Warrior Security is the controller and responsible for this website.
We have appointed a data privacy manager (DPM) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPM by sending an email to email@example.com or calling +1647-616-0067.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the relevant authority responsible for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach any relevant authority, so please contact us in the first instance.
Your Duty to Inform Us of Changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. The Data We Collect About You
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences may also collect Aggregated Data, which is data that has been anonymized and combined with data from other individuals in a way that does not directly or indirectly identify you. We may use Aggregated Data for statistical analysis and research purposes.
3. How We Collect Your Personal Data
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
- Direct interactions: You may provide us with your Identity Data, Contact Data, Financial Data, and Marketing and Communications Data when you fill out forms on our website, correspond with us by phone, email, or otherwise, or when you purchase our products or services.
- Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources, such as analytics providers, advertising networks, and search information providers.
4. How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, except in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
5. Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes outlined in section 4 above:
- Other companies within our group.
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services, payment processing, and other support services to enable us to operate our business.
- Professional advisers, including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance, and accounting services.
- Government bodies and regulatory authorities, such as tax authorities, law enforcement agencies, and other authorities when required or permitted by law.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. International Transfers
Your personal data may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are located. These countries may have different data protection laws than your country of residence. However, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
7. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
8. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, as well as the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
9. Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These rights may include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the contact details provided in section 1 of this privacy notice.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
10. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal data.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this privacy notice or the way in which we handle your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided in section 1 of this privacy notice.